Senior Software Engineer: Foundational Storage
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a hardworking senior engineer/technical lead for the Foundational Storage team at Two Sigma! The Foundational Storage team is responsible for the backbone of Two Sigma's distributed storage infrastructure which empowers hundreds workflows across research, simulation and live-trading. We are evolving our storage infrastructure towards a hybrid cloud architecture to meet the continuous growth of our business. As a senior engineer on the team, you will have an opportunity to deal with exciting technical problems at an extensive scale (e.g. hundred PBs of data, billions of requests, etc.), and build the outstanding storage solution respectively. You will also work closely with the engineer manager to develop junior team members' career and the team's overall technical roadmap.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a large scale distributed storage system that has footprint across on-premise and public cloud
- Provide technical leadership in evaluating, understanding and integrating the latest open source and vendor storage solutions
- Design and implement new features for different storage services running on top of the large scale distributed infrastructure to meet Two Sigma’s business needs
- Collaborate with reliability engineers to operate the foundational storage infrastructure, and ensure the services meet the SLO/SLA with best practices in release management
- Mentor junior team members on technical skills and career development, keep raising the bar in producing high quality code and delivering solid product/services
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area with 7+ years of experience (or master degree with 5+ years of experience) in the relevant domain
- Strong software engineering skills in developing, testing and troubleshooting code in one and/or more of the following programming languages: Java/C++/Python
- Familiarity with the use of different data stores such as relational database, key-value store, message queue and time-series
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating system and network fundamentals. Good understanding of system performance
- Experience of working on large distributed system or object storage system
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.