Senior Software Engineer: Insurance Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified is an insurance technology business utilizing technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the insurance industry. Two Sigma IQ is aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data.
We are looking to add an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing organization! We are building the technical platform for Insurance, underpinning modelling and production services. This platform will be cloud based, deployed in AWS, utilizing several of the Amazon managed services (EMR, ECS, Redshift, Lambda etc.) as well as custom software.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with your teammates to build a software product that will resonate with the market
- Create and evaluate architectures and designs, proposing the right solution for the problem
- Drive the quality of the software with detailed testing and support the software in production
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS/BA or higher degree in a technical field
- Excellent computer science expertise, including demonstrated experience with Java, or Python
- Distributed systems experience
- Interest in working collaboratively in a constantly evolving business
- Experience with analytics tools such as Apache Spark desired, but not crucial
- Experience with AWS products desired, but not crucial
- Startup experience a plus
- Insurance or fintech experience a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.