Senior Software Engineer - Security
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Two Sigma Security team is focused on pushing the boundaries of what is possible when we reevaluate traditional assumptions and embrace modern technology. Whether we are unlocking the potential of quantitative analysis, pushing the limits of zero trust, driving cloud infrastructure to new heights, or developing our own solutions to common authentication and authorization challenges, we embody a culture of proactive and transparent innovation.
Within Security, Secure Development’s mission is to secure Two Sigma's software. We design and build security-sensitive systems, partner with other engineering teams to co-develop security features, and consult on secure development practices. We strive to incorporate robust software security from the outset to accelerate innovation across the firm.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
The Senior Software Engineer will report to the manager for Secure Development and work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with engineering teams across the firm.
Success for this role will be defined through demonstrated and applied subject-matter expertise, technical ownership of key security technology and product engineering, contributions to the Security team’s knowledge, tooling, products, and documentation, as well as teaching and advising our partners.
Our work is fluid and dynamic, and on any given day this role could be engaged in any of the following tasks:
- Building and maintaining foundational elements of our authentication infrastructure
- Contributing to the development of our authorization and entitlements infrastructure
- Creating software and packages that integrate with our authentication tooling
- Guiding design and implementation of initiatives that leverage cryptography and cryptographic protocols
- You should possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience developing large-scale applications or services in C or Java
- Perl competence, including development and/or maintenance of large programs
- Experience implementing or extending a cryptographic protocol such as Kerberos, TLS, or SSH
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.