Application Support Engineer - HR Systems
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems
Two Sigma’s HR Systems Engineering team are specialists in their domain. The team supports HR’s business operations by evolving and administering the HR cloud based software applications. The HR technology ecosystem at Two Sigma consists of multiple vendor applications, with Workday for HCM and Avature for Applicant Tracking at the center. Additionally, the team supports learning, immigration and HR case management applications. This team reports into the firm’s Enterprise Engineering organization and partners closely with our HR organization.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Be the expert in multiple HR applications and provide front and back-end support for them - fully understand how the workflows are built, data is used, and cross application synergies and touchpoints; learn and apply feature enhancements
- Troubleshoot configuration, reporting and integration issues; suss out and get to the source of the root cause, develop and test fixes; squash bugs
- Deliver impactful change (quick fixes, enhancements and TS wide) that improves user experience, reduces technical debt and/or relieves manual processing; listen to HR’s challenges, propose and iterate on solution options, use technical skills to configure and test the agreed solution
- Review daily integration results; dig into and resolve failures; develop or enhance integrations with third party vendors and internal teams
- Be part of a collaborative team - express ideas, raise questions, talk through design blocks; flex from discussing production support to project work to planning
- Maintain and update technical documentation; leverage ticketing system to manage and respond to requests
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience working with HR systems, preferably in an Engineering or Technology organization (3+ years in Workday is a plus)
- Critical thinking and being passionate about technology and data; bring an engineer’s approach and sensibility to HR systems
- Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills; ability to pivot quickly as needed
- Comfortable collaborating with colleagues, stakeholders and clients
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting or SQL a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.