Siegel Family Endowment, Relationship Manager
New York, New York, United States
SFE Relationship Manager
Siegel Family Endowment (SFE) is a foundation focused on understanding and shaping learning in our innovation-driven world. SFE supports people who do work at the intersection of technology, education, and careers, and we champion organizations whose work contributes to giving everyone the opportunity to learn in and contribute to a rapidly changing society. We were founded in 2011 by David M. Siegel, Co-Founder and
Co-Chairman of technology-driven algorithmic investment manager Two Sigma. We primarily focus on three interest areas: Computational Thinking, Open Learning, and Future Workforce. Our grantmaking philosophy and process differs from many more traditional foundations -- we encourage you to read through the “Process” section of www.siegelendowment.org to understand more about how we work with potential grantees.
Our Future Workforce position: We believe that everyone should be able to engage meaningfully in a rapidly changing, innovation-driven economy, but there’s a disconnect between education and application, and access to skillsets that will be relevant in the future economy is not widely available. We support programs that equip young people with future-relevant skills and access to career pathways, as well as initiatives that drive system-level change to make it possible for everyone to participate in the future economy. We aim to engage with new ideas, experimental approaches, and efforts where we can help shape transformative programs.
SFE is searching for a Relationship Manager to build and manage relationships primarily focused on our Future Workforce interest area. Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Relationship Manager will work closely with the Relationships Team to execute the vision for our Future Workforce portfolio through sourcing and recommending new grants, engaging with current grantees to help them build capacity and strengthen our Future Workforce network, and engaging with the field at large. The Relationships Team works collaboratively across interest areas.
The Relationship Manager will identify potential philanthropic investments, and cultivate and sustain relationships with current and potential grantees, foundations, and other nonprofit organizations. The Relationship Manager determines whether an effort or organization is of interest to the foundation and helps shape connections and ideas within and beyond SFE’s portfolio.
The Relationship Manager will play a critical role in building SFE’s reputation and partnerships. This role is an excellent opportunity to build strong relationships and gain exposure to a variety of nonprofit organizations working in the workforce development and career readiness communities.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, able to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail, and adept at collaboration and building strong interpersonal relationships. A self-starter with a “get stuff done” mentality who is comfortable operating with some uncertainty and knows when to ask for help will thrive in this position. They will be fully engaged and busy from the first day, and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
- Build and maintain strong relationships, particularly focused on creating strong network ties between our grantees and partners in the Future Workforce portfolio
- Source promising ideas, programs, and organizations
- Recommend grants to the Board of Directors
- Assist current early stage organizations with a variety of incubation services
- Develop/possess a comprehensive understanding of the workforce development and career readiness space and connect it to our future of work projects and priorities
- Collaborate with fellow Relationship Managers to uncover interesting opportunities at the intersection of our interest areas
- Increase and promote awareness of SFE by cultivating a network of peers that understand our work
- Represent SFE at conferences, in professional associations, and other public venues (occasional travel will be necessary)
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience
- Intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in direct service with workforce development, career readiness, CTE, or similar programs