Sightway Capital - Content/Marketing Director
New York, New York, United States
Sightway Capital (SWC), a Two Sigma company, is a private investment firm focused on middle market growth equity investing. The firm employs a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building successful business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners, largely in financial services/specialty lending and real assets/resources. We focus on building quality businesses over the long term with an emphasis on asset intensive industries where we can generate an attractive current yield as well as enterprise value creation over time.
Now, with nearly ten years of successful operation and plans for continued growth, Sightway is ready to put more focused attention to the development of its brand. With that in mind, the firm has created a new position for a Content/Marketing Director. Reporting to the Chief of Strategy and Capital Development, the Director will develop an integrated communications program to engage with all internal and external stakeholders and help further position Sightway as a pre-eminent private investment firm. The Content/Marketing Director will oversee, execute, and optimize content development and implementation for the Sightway team, and will lead internal and outbound communications and work very closely with the Two Sigma’s Marketing and Communications team (“TS MarCom”) as well as the SWC Investor Relations team. S/he will work closely with all members of the Sightway team, as well as our portfolio companies, to generate content and assist in marketing and branding strategy for a range of audiences.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for financial services/asset management, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and significant experience generating content and managing communications across a variety of media outlets ranging from traditional print and video to online and social media and industry conferences.
- Develop, lead and manage a comprehensive content strategy for SWC and its portfolio company investments
- Execute and optimize brand messaging and content development, in partnership with senior Sightway members for thought leadership articles, website copy, newsletters, etc.
- Lead internal and external communications, working very closely with TS MarCom and the SWC Investor Relations team
- Manage activity across news and industry platforms focusing on milestone announcements, investment announcements, SWC branding with an emphasis on how we innovate in private equity
- Build a digital print/online brand through online resources, LinkedIn, PE Newswire, PEHUBwire, PE Weekly, Albourne Village, etc, as well as focusing on private credit and real asset industry outlets
- For portfolio companies: advise on their marketing and content strategy while also building/leveraging SWC brand; improve their web presence and news coverage; manage any third-party relationships with communication firms and in conjunction with TS MarCom
- Manage media interactions and other industry influencers and leverage relationships to coordinate media interviews/engagement and press features for senior members of the Sightway team; serve as primary contact at SWC for press inquiries
- Develop strategy and lead execution for a range of Sightway-related internal communications
- Develop strategy for conferences and industry awards and recognition – identify and secure speaking engagement/sponsorships at high-quality investor and industry conferences; negotiating sponsorships, assist in preparation for speaking roles (topics/content/slides); preparation of branding collateral for conferences in coordination with TS MarCom
- Ensure brand consistency and high quality messaging across all communications – internal and external, limited partners (current and prospective), investment partners (current and potential), overall investment industry
- Work closely with SWC Investor Relations team and TS MarCom to develop materials and content for SWC Annual Investor Meeting and other SWC investor events
- Where appropriate or needed, aid in improving marketing and investor-oriented collateral (pitchbooks, investor letters, one-pagers, website, etc)
Qualifications & Skills:
● 8-10+ years marketing/communications experience for an investment firm, financial publication, financial news outlet; Private markets experience is required
● Strong media relations abilities and well-developed relationships with leading business and financial industry journalists/outlets
● Proven ability to create and execute a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy as well as produce content, leverage industry outlets, and enhance brand-building efforts
● Exceptional writing, communication and time management skills
● Graphic design skills a definite plus
● Passion for technology, innovation and the potential application of quantitative modelling and data analytics to private equity
● Strong ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners
● Ability to work in a fast-paced culture and take on new challenges as needed
● A proactive mentality and ability to work independently