Software Engineer: Cloud Integration
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Storage at Two Sigma empowers hundreds of workflows across research, simulation and live-trading. We are evolving our storage infrastructure to meet the continuous growth of our business while continuing to build fast, performant, and scalable data access.
We are seeking a talented software engineer for the Cloud Storage Integration team! The Cloud Storage Integration team is responsible for expanding Two Sigma's storage infrastructure into a cloud-first and hybrid-cloud environment. As a software engineer on the team, you will have an opportunity to deal with exciting technical problems at an extensive scale (e.g. hundred PBs of data, billions of requests, etc.), and evaluate, recommend, and build cloud-optimized storage solutions.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Evaluating, understanding and integrating the latest cloud-enabled, open source and vendor storage solutions
- Build and deliver features to seamlessly expand existing storage services to be backed by cloud-native services providing the large scale distributed infrastructure to meet Two Sigma’s business needs
- Collaborate with our reliability engineering teams to ensure we meet the team's operability standards
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in a technical subject area with 2+ years of experience in the relevant domain
- Strong software engineering skills in developing, testing and troubleshooting code in one and/or more of the following programming languages: Java/C++/Python
- Familiarity with the use of different data stores such as relational database, key-value store, message queue and time-series
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.