Software Engineer: Container Orchestration
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Container Orchestration team delivers the best managed compute platform experience for engineers at Two Sigma. We are seeking software engineers to join our team developing our Kubernetes-based compute platform and container image build system.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop managed compute platform that is used by all Two Sigma engineers to run containerized services across on-premise and public cloud
- Collaborate with engineers and business partners across Two Sigma’s global offices to design and architect solutions
- Engage with vendors to integrate cloud services into Two Sigma’s platform and also work with the open source community to promote and develop cloud-native compute ecosystem
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience
- An understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in developing, testing and troubleshooting code in one and/or more of the following programming languages: Java/Golang/Python
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale systems and the ability to understand the inherent trade-offs between various software architectures as it relates to performance, fault tolerance, data consistency, and operability
- A consistent track record of automation and an algorithmic approach to solving problems
- Experience with cloud-native systems, such as Kubernetes and related cloud services such as EKS and GKE, is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.