Software Engineer: Modeling Tools
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Modeling Tools team’s mission is to deliver a well-integrated and stable research environment that powers modeling workflows. We engineer the platform that delivers metrics and insights into the modeling experience which further guides our areas of investments. Our solutions span front end UI/UX capabilities, distributed backend scheduling frameworks and a base research environment which integrates popular open source data science libraries. We are looking for engineers with a reliability or platform engineering mindset with an interest in the Modeling lifecycle.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain a modeling portal which provides metrics, access and insights into the overall modeling experience.
- Extend the capabilities of BeakerX Lab, Two Sigma’s extensions to JupyterLab to power common research workflows.
- Integrate and extend open source distributed scheduling frameworks and other popular data science libraries into Two Sigma’s environment.
- Engineer platform solutions that improve Modeler SDLC workflows.
- Improve the automation and test environment of the base research platform and libraries.
- Build, maintain and upgrade Python and C++ open source ML libraries in Two Sigma’s monorepo e.g tensorflow, catboost, rapids/cudf, numpy, pandas.
- Build, maintain and upgrade Java and Scala data science libraries in the monorepo (e.g Apache Spark).
- Provide first class support to modelers and continue to optimize this function through metrics and data.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Back end development in Python, using cloud, microservices, and caching.
- At least 2 years of experience in a full-time software development field.
- Experience with C and C++ build toolchains is a plus.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.