Software Engineer, Strategic & Technical Projects
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a talented software engineer to join our growing Strategic & Technical Projects (STP) group. In this role, you will work within a dynamic cross-functional team, consulting with researchers and engineers across the firm to drive a variety of business-critical projects. Examples of past initiatives include designing and implementing firm-wide tools for automated project portfolio management, agile development, incident management, metrics reporting, project-oriented social media, machine learning competitions, etc.
The STP Software Engineer will be responsible for managing full software life cycles including:
- Envisioning the scope of technology platforms and tools;
- Designing and architecting solutions;
- Implementing and managing ongoing enhancements.
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in computer science from a top university.
- Experience in one of the mainstream programming languages, including Java, Groovy, C or C++.
- Knowledge of project tracking tools such as Jira is a plus.