Software Engineer: Two Sigma Real Estate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Private Investment Engineering is an engineering group that services the needs of all Two Sigma private investment businesses. Two Sigma Real Estate, Two Sigma Ventures, Sightway Capital, Two Sigma Impact. The group works to enable investment professionals to source, evaluate, acquire and optimize several classes of investment. The group works in tight collaboration with data scientists to bring investment insights into the workflows of the businesses.
We are seeking an exceptional technologist to expand the number of engineers focused on Two Sigma Real Estate. We are creating applications that source the most ideal properties to acquire, predict their current and future value, and manage the pipeline of deals. This is a critical role within an internal start-up at Two Sigma that will deliver significant impact to our business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Learn the real estate investment process and architect data models and software components to facilitate it
- Write proposals and create diagrams to communicate priorities to stakeholders
- Full Stack software development, Build APIs, Libraries and User Interfaces
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Investment Professionals to integrate predictive insights into all phases of the investment process
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the team by bringing in new insights and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience writing up proposals, ideas, drawings to explain ideas
- Experience building business workflow (i.e. front end experience) and designing data models from scratch
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with users to understand their needs
- Python and/or Java experience
- Experience integrating applications with Dynamo or Salesforce or similar tool.
- Experience working with Real Estate technology firms. Such as Compass, Zillow, Crowdstreet, etc.
Nice to have:
- React or Angular with slight preference towards React
- Agile Software Development
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.