New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking Software Engineers for roles across all of our engineering groups. As a software engineer at Two Sigma you can take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data through software engineering.
- Build and maintain robust data pipelines that ingest over 30TB of data each day.
- Create infrastructure that is used by all of our software engineers.
- Build and maintain a suite of analysis tools that enable our quantitative researchers.
- Work on world-class trading systems.
- Build technologies that bolster our trading businesses and drive productivity enhancements, collaboration, and risk reduction across the company.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least a BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field.
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience.
- An understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Java (or other JVM languages), Python, C or C++.
- Extraordinary programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale systems.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.