Software Engineering Contractor: Data Onboarding
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking Data Engineers in a contract capacity to join our talented Data Onboarding Engineering team. In this role, you'll contribute to building robust data pipelines that ingest over 30TB of data each day.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with business partners across Two Sigma to understand their data needs
- Work with engineers, researchers, and portfolio managers across the organization to onboard interesting new datasets
- Build stable, productionalized data pipelines to support Two Sigma’s trading activities
- Extend and improve our data onboarding framework as needed
You should possess the following qualifications:
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- You have at least 3 years of full-time work experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- You have experience developing data workflows and a good operational understanding of data operations, including processing, storage, quality and management
- You have at least 3 years experience in building ETL pipelines
- You have at least 3 years experience with Python programming
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.