Software Engineering Intern
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking a diverse set of software engineer interns to join our team. With a group that includes a Unix Lifetime Achievement winner, Putnam medalists, ACM Programming competition finalists, and International Mathematics Olympiad medalists, we are always looking for new talent to join this energetic team of high achievers.
The internship program lasts 10 weeks in the summer and takes place at our Soho-based, New York City office. You will partner with an assigned mentor and work on a single project during the course of your time here, which will culminate in a final presentation at the conclusion of the program.
Interns will have the chance to attend all Two Sigma events, from brown bag lunch talks to our ongoing series of guest speakers. We’ll also host special intern-specific events so that you can get to know other Two Sigma employees and explore all that surrounding New York City has to offer.
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative field.
- For internship roles, undergraduate or graduate students with approximately one year remaining in their academic programs.
- Experience with Java, C, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, or other languages that target the JVM.
- Experience in large-scale systems is highly desirable.
- Exceptional programming skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- An obsession with building quality software.
- We are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology.
- While we analyze the data-rich domain of finance, financial experience is not a requirement.