Software Engineering Manager - Complex Events Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Complex Events Engineering team has built a world-class platform that enables domain-specific data access, a variety of quantitative research capabilities, and mission-critical components that feed into production trading strategies. We are looking to continue to grow both our platform and the team by hiring another manager.
We are currently looking for a manager to lead an existing team within Complex Events Engineering that is focused on making it possible to analyze and act upon Fundamentals Data at increasingly higher levels of abstraction and productivity. In this role you will collaborate with a sophisticated set of quantitative researchers, product managers, engineering leaders, team members and peers to deliver world-class software and data. You will also be responsible for team leadership, ensuring that your team members are efficient and happy today and have opportunities to continue to learn and grow their careers. As the team is currently small, you will also be involved in hands-on projects within the team.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of about 4 individual contributors
- Perform hands-on software development
- Mentor junior engineers
- Engage with users, product managers and senior management on key technical directions
- Review designs and code produced by colleagues
- Contribute to operational efforts to ensure continual availability and high-quality of our platform
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of both Java and Python
- Experience leading technical teams, or 10 years of professional experience in software development
- Collaborative nature, both within and across teams
- Ability to develop high-trust relationships with stakeholders
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.