Software Engineering Manager: FDE
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager for the Foundational Data Engineering team in New York. As part of the team, your efforts will be critical to providing timely, high quality financial instrument data to support and grow Two Sigma’s global investment activities.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and mentorship.
- Coordinate project-related work with product managers, researchers and others on partner engineering and business teams.
- Contribute to operational efforts to ensure continual availability of our software and datasets.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and experience managing, developing, and mentoring software engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Leading the development of project plans, estimates, and prioritization; driving projects to completion
- Strong foundation in design, data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Bachelors in Computer Science (Master’s/PhD is a plus)
- Capital Markets industry experience
- Worked with scrum, Kanban, and other agile engineering techniques
- Experience collaborating and communicating with project stakeholders
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.