Software Engineering Manager - Learning Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Learning Engineering’s mission is to build tools to enable the full spectrum of Machine Learning tasks, ranging from feature engineering to learning and scoring across a wide range of techniques. We work on a variety of strategic and tactical projects ranging from building full learning platforms to partnering one-on-one with researchers to deliver high-quality actionable insights.
We are currently looking for a manager to lead a small team within Learning Engineering that is currently focused on tools for scoring, profiling, experiment management, and interpretability. In this role you will collaborate with a sophisticated set of users, product managers, engineering leaders, team members and peers to deliver world-class machine learning software. You will also be responsible for team leadership, ensuring that your team members are efficient and happy today and have opportunities to continue to learn and grow their careers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of 3-4 exceptional individual contributors.
- Mentor and upskill junior engineers to help them reach their goals.
- Engage with users, product managers and senior management on key technical directions.
- Develop technical designs and high-quality code seeing them through to delivery.
- Review designs and code produced by colleagues.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience engineering Machine Learning systems for technically sophisticated users.
- Mastery of Python and working knowledge of C++ and Java.
- Familiarity and experience with leading open-source machine learning systems and tools.
- Experience leading technical teams is a must.
- Collaborative nature, both within and across teams as you will interact with many stakeholders.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.