Software Engineering Manager- Platform Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The Platform Engineering team builds the underlying infrastructure that virtually every other engineering team at Two Sigma uses, such as our services infrastructure, developer tools, distributed storage and managed computing environments. We are looking for a manager to lead a team of engineers to deliver business impacting results in one of these areas. The individual in this role will be expected to contribute technically to solving these problems and also provide technical and strategic guidance for growing teams of world class software engineers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of software engineers.
- Develop people through technical guidance, mentorship and resolving work-related issues.
- Take responsibility for overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- Tackle the complex and interesting challenge of solving business problems through software engineering.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in software development with demonstrated progression from hands-on experience to technical leadership roles.
- A proven track record of managing, developing, and mentoring software engineering teams.
- Extensive experience developing software solutions
- Experience doing hands-on large scale software development and architecture
- BS or MS in Computer Science or comparable field
- Finance industry experience is not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.