Software Engineering Manager: Security
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Two Sigma Security team is focused on pushing the boundaries of what is possible when we reevaluate traditional assumptions and embrace modern technology. Whether we are unlocking the potential of quantitative analysis, pushing the limits of zero-trust, driving cloud infrastructure to new heights, or developing our own solutions to common authentication and authorization challenges, we embody a culture of proactive and transparent innovation.
Within Security, Secure Development’s mission is to secure Two Sigma's software. We design and build security-sensitive systems, partner with other engineering teams to co-develop security features, and consult on secure development practices. We strive to incorporate robust software security from the outset to accelerate innovation across the firm. The Software Engineering Manager will report to the manager for Secure Development and work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with engineering teams across the firm.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Taking responsibility and ownership of overall planning, execution, and success of complex and sophisticated technical security initiatives and product development.
- Building and growing foundational elements of our authentication, authorization, and other critical security infrastructure and applications.
- Leading and managing a team of software engineers, including task and project planning.
- Contributing technically to projects through architecture, design, code review, and hands-on implementation.
- Collaborating with engineering partners to identify strategy, priorities, and key goals for the team.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least a BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience of teams with at least 3 direct reports.
- Recent experience with Java, Python, C or C++ (you should be comfortable taking coding assessments in our interview process).
- Demonstrated experience developing or implementing software at scale, such as distributed systems, cloud-native applications, or critical security software.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.