Software Engineering Manager - Venn
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is a fast-paced FinTech startup that is reshaping the way trillions of dollars of assets are invested globally. Founded and backed by Two Sigma, Venn operates at the intersection of data-science, technology and finance. Our product focuses on enabling institutional investors to take advantage of powerful quantitative insights and cutting edge technology to make smarter investment decisions. We currently work with some of the world's largest and most respected investors and institutions and are on a course to build the investment operating system of the future, powering professional investors, worldwide.
Learn more about Venn here: https://www.venn.twosigma.com/
The Venn engineering team is growing! We are looking for an engineering manager who is passionate about building engineering teams to join Venn and continue improving our customer experience, growing our practice and platform.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage and mentor an outstanding team of experienced Full Stack Engineers to enhance Venn’s product offerings.
- Partner closely with Relationship Managers, Product Development and Quantitative Software Engineers to increase the efficiency and impact of the team.
- Identify technology needs and achieve leverage in the products and systems we build.
- Provide technical directions, architect and design our systems.
- Help team members to take ownership of sub-systems. Dig into the code when needed.
- Support recruiting efforts in order to meet changing business needs and promote internal mobility.
- Help define the Venn engineering wide OKRs and processes.
- Ensure an inclusive and healthy engineering culture.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific field
- Ability to program with one or more high level languages (such as Python, Java, C/C++, Go)
- Experience working in a constantly evolving business and engineering environment
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ years experience in engineering management
- Experience with Cloud technologies, AWS preferred but not required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.