Software Engineering and Business Informatics Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team provides decision support across a range of critical initiatives, with a focus on financial modeling, statistical analysis, and business informatics. The work uses a combination of software engineering and data to provide transparency, evaluate business drivers, and quantify impacts to the firm in real time. This role will have the opportunity to shape and influence the growth and strategy of the firm through insightful, data-driven dashboards and analyses. In addition to their CV, we encourage applicants to submit any previous front-end work and reporting samples.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
Front End Development
- Support existing live reporting dashboards
- Create new dashboards and automated reports focused on the business and portfolio health of Two Sigma
- Support existing data feeds
- Create new databases and schemas for datasets related to portfolio and business metrics
- Coordinate with external engineering teams on sourcing new data for our reporting
- Create APIs to expose internal data to our team and the wider firm for improved workflows
Statistical Modeling and Analytics
- Create and maintain analytics tooling to properly model business scenarios and outcomes
- Leverage analytics tools to model business scenarios related to portfolio changes and new business launches. Report on expected outcomes as well as downside risk and probabilities. Heavy focus on Monte Carlo analysis
- Report on meaningful statistical metrics for our portfolios in order to inform upper management on significant portfolio changes and risk exposures
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 1-5 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.)
- Experience with dashboard and front-end development
- Experience with SQL and data management practices
- Proficient understanding of statistics (Monte Carlo, regressions, distribution moments, risk aversion)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative, resourceful, and experienced with project management
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.