Operational Risk Management Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
We are looking for a strong problem solver with solid math and technical skills and a self-starter attitude to join Risk Management as a Quantitative Analyst. In this high-tempo role, you will be tasked with managing and improving an array of operational processes for our Systematic Trading Strategies, with daily opportunities to add measurable impact. Responsibilities will include developing new tools and automation, performing data analysis tasks, leading root-cause investigations, creating insightful reports, and writing clear and helpful documentation.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of Two Sigma’s systematic modeling and trading platforms and the global markets they operate in.
- Monitor daily trading strategy behavior and proactively identify issues that may present risks to Two Sigma’s investors and portfolios. A successful candidate will join the team’s Risk Support Rotation which is responsible for escalating issues in real-time to Two Sigma’s trading businesses, portfolio managers, and engineering and modeling partners
- Develop and maintain alerts, tools, and automated reporting for the Risk department and its partners
- Build tools for quantitative strategy analysis and use these tools to prepare, review, and present reporting on systematic strategy behavior and risk
- Improve our businesses by collaborating regularly on initiatives with partners including modelers, portfolio managers, traders, and investor-facing teams and proactively analyzing data
- Document, perform, and improve operational Risk processes, with an eye towards automation
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 2+ years of experience in an analytical role
- At a minimum, BA/BS in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline
- Experience using programming to solve hard problems, preferably using Python
- Strong data analysis skills, preferably in Pandas
- Knowledge of or curiosity about in Risk Management, Operational Excellence, Finance, and Markets
- Strong Communicator, preferably with experience in documentation and process design
- Demonstrated ability to think and work independently and with diverse partner teams, comfortable with regular context switching, managing open project scopes and open questions
- Observant, High Attention to Detail, Delivers Results
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $150,000 and $200,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.