Strategy & Business Development - Senior Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
The mission of the Business Innovation & Growth (“BIG”) team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration to plan and execute the business growth of Two Sigma. We are an integrated, global team that frames strategic opportunities and executes via investment, acquisition, incubation and partnership. A key focus of our work is defining what the future looks like and how Two Sigma can play a part in leading, shaping and improving it. We aim to shape the future of finance and technology – as a proven pioneer and leader in both spaces.
In this role, you will make important contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be expected to develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, corporate development and operational excellence. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
You will work on a wide-range of initiatives including:
- Firm-wide strategic projects to define the future of Two Sigma and how we get there
- Incubation of new businesses: working on exciting growth initiatives from conception to execution
- Strategic investments - sourcing, conducting diligence on and executing deals
- Partnerships with other leading firms to drive strategic outcomes
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in roles within the fields of management consulting, investment banking, and other technology/investment-related roles
- Significant experience working on strategic projects with an ability to thrive in the ambiguous – understanding how to influence and shape outcomes
- Rigorous analytical skills - including building financial models, performing competitive research and bench-marking, market segmentation and sizing
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles and effectively communicate through presentations for senior stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- BA/BS from a top university, ideally in a STEM discipline (economics, computer science, etc), GPA > 3.8
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.