Strategy & Operations Lead, Human Resources (TSIQ)
New York, New York, United States
HR Strategy & Operations Lead for Two Sigma Insurance Quantified
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (TSIQ) seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making in insurance. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
We are recruiting for an HR Strategy & Operations Lead to help drive decision-making processes while ensuring operational excellence throughout TSIQ. The ideal candidate for this role will have broad HR operational and analytical skills and the ability to clearly present information to executives. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems at a high level but can also roll up their sleeves, execute, and dive into day-to-day details essential in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- HR Data and Reports: Determine all data flows required for management of workforce plans and requisitions, new hires, terminations, and data changes. Audit records and ensure clean data. Determine appropriate dashboards and reports required to manage the business. Automate the reporting through workday, domo, tableau, and access.
- Performance Management: Work with Head of HR to determine the performance management philosophy and design for TSIQ. Manage the quarterly performance cycle including follow-up. Prepare management feedback reports.
- Workforce Planning: Assist with building workforce plans that can scale the business effectively. Responsibility for preparing and documenting all workforce plans by department and presenting for TSIQ management for review.
- Recruitment: Partner closely with Recruiting team to ensure the 2018 workforce plan is on target and appropriately resourced. Manage the hiring process from offer to orientation. Liaise with hiring managers to review execution against the workforce plan including key workforce plan statistics (run rate, headcount, annual spend).
- Change Management: Assist leadership with project management of both role and structure/functional changes.
- Compensation: Drive compensation philosophy, guidelines and planning. Assist leadership with compensation and corporate communications
- Ad-hoc: Assist with employee relations, performance issues, managing data flows
- 3-7 years of experience in management consulting, business intelligence or in-house strategy; high-growth company experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a highly accredited university with strong academic performance.
- Explorer mindset. The ability to manage ambiguity, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Must be able to lay out data and analyses to tell a compelling story and advocate for solutions.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution. We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing both can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- HR Strategy experience preferred. Financial services experience not required
- Collaborative attitude. This person must be a team player.