Asset Management Strategy and Product Development
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial technology company in SoHo that explores the fascinating intersection of big data, artificial intelligence, and finance. We currently manage over $50 billion AUM with 1,400+ staff spanning New York, London, Houston, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. We apply the scientific method to investment management and are not your typical investment manager. We follow principles of technology and innovation with equal regard to principles of investment management. Fields like machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since 2001, we have searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us better at what we do.
The Strategy & Product Development role is part of the Asset Management Business Development (AMBD) team. AMBD plays an integral role in helping to grow our Asset Management business, which leverages Two Sigma’s research, data, and technology-driven approach to provide investment solutions to leading institutional investors globally. The AMBD group works across teams in modeling / portfolio management, engineering, and investor relations, as well as with colleagues in operational and regulatory-focused areas, to develop and implement our business strategy, cultivate business partnerships, generate and execute on new product ideas, deliver on business expansion initiatives, and drive further operating efficiency for our portfolios and the broader business. Over just the past few years, AMBD has led the successful launch of dozens of new funds and related investment products for Asset Management’s global institutional investors.
The Strategy & Product Development role will focus on creating new investment products and driving enhancements to existing products, e.g., expanding to new markets or asset classes, implementing new trading techniques or financing arrangements, etc. Responsibilities may include data-intensive analyses to evaluate potential product enhancements as well as leading cross-org projects to bring these improvements to fruition. In addition, there will be opportunities to research, evaluate, and launch new investment products , as well as to shape and execute on the broader Asset Management business strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record in engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, or a related discipline with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- 3-5 years’ total work experience, with 3+ years’ experience specifically within management consulting, internal strategy and strategic projects, analytics, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in data analysis
- Applicable finance and/or investment product development experience is a plus, but is not required
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent analytical / conceptual problem-solving skills with ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative approaches to develop actionable recommendations
- Demonstration of high intellectual capacity and curiosity
- Strong work ethic (takes ownership), self-starter and quick-study mentality; ability to work independently yet also lead and inspire cross-functional teams
- Project management and communication skills with demonstrated ability to gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of at least one data science toolkit, e.g., Python (preferred) or R; working knowledge of SQL also preferred