Support Engineering Manager
New York, New York, United States
Systems Engineering at Two Sigma
The Systems Engineering group at Two Sigma designs and builds the complex and compelling infrastructure that makes what we do possible.
Our engineers are collaborators in designing end-to-end solutions. They are actively involved in bringing our ideas to life. They collaborate across departments to engineer systems that address the richness of the problems we solve, as well as the diversity of challenges.
We keep the organization at the forefront of cutting-edge hardware. We design our networks to scale massively, so our formidable computing power can be brought to bear as we tackle the next generation of data analysis. We are not afraid to invest in deep infrastructure – thousands of computers communicating across lightning-fast networks actively engaged in discovery and analysis, driving the industry forward. We have talented, passionate individuals who build and maintain what exists today, and invent tomorrow.
Support Engineering Manager
Support Engineering team is responsible for first line support of users, workstations, servers, networks, and applications. The Support Engineering manager is responsible for building dynamic, energetic, and driven teams focusing on delivering these first line support services across the enterprise. As a manager, you’ll be challenged to:
- Develop, guide, and implement the strategy for building and growing the Support Engineering group and discipline
- Hire of the quality support engineers
- Develop staff and placement into other engineering roles across the firm
- Develop support rotation programs within your organization to give a broad exposure to all
- Ownership of change management, incident management, and problem management across all of Systems Engineering organization.
- Build onboarding methodologies for additional support responsibilities
- Experience managing a technology support organization
- Broad understanding of all aspects of systems engineering including Active Directory, Windows desktops, Windows and Linux servers, networks, and security.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to run, build, develop, and motivate highly talented teams of support engineers.
- Keen understanding of customer service and relationship management, and ease communicating all technical and business functions.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with senior technology managers across the firm.
- Competent decision-making skills and excellent analytics abilities to show the basis for the decisions
- BA or BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- 10 years of experience in Systems Engineering or Systems Support Engineering in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- 5 years of management and leadership experience