Systems Engineering Manager
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Systems Engineering team designs, builds, and supports the complex physical infrastructure that makes what Two Sigma does possible.We are seeking an accomplished senior manager to lead a team focused on end-to-end service delivery from solutions design to operations. In this role, you will take on a wide range of responsibilities including establishing and driving the strategic and architectural direction of the team in collaboration with Systems Management. You will also be responsible for team leadership, ensuring that your team members are efficient, happy, and have opportunities to continue to learn and grow their careers.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of 10+ engineers to develop the next generation of services and technology offerings for Infrastructure and End User Systems
- Responsible for providing critical technology leadership in the systems engineering space specifically to drive the adoption of As-A-Service in support of our hybrid Cloud vision
- Responsible for defining and documenting the minimum standards for a Service including the various components and attributes that make up a service, SLAs, KPIs, monitoring standards, currency and lifecycle management.
- Responsible to ensure all assets are in ITAM/CMDB with a high degree of accuracy and with relevant hardware, software and firmware information as well all upstream / downstream connections and dependencies
- Lead product culture and talent transformation leveraging roadmaps with a focus on ROI analysis and OKR tracking
- Requires strong leadership influence, ability to lead change, and demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives as well as strong governance, organized methodology and execution
- Organizes teams for the ongoing evaluation, testing of emerging technologies that apply to Infrastructure Services, identifies the need and initiates recommendations for new and enhanced Infrastructure technologies, services or resources
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics preferred
- 15+ years of relevant work experience. Infrastructure Engineering preferred with a minimum of 5+ years of direct management of at least 6 people
- Familiarity and experience with system design and tools related to cloud providers, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
- Driven by a desire to build and maintain strong relationships, help others in career development, and create inclusive environments
- Proven ability to drive decisions and actions among diverse groups to achieve goals
- Able to evaluate team performance objectively and rationally, and hold them accountable for meeting team goals
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.