Systems Integration Engineer
New York, New York, United States
The Social and Collaboration Tools team is looking for an engineer with some experience in performing data analysis.
As Two Sigma grows, having a well thought-out and reliable collaboration platform becomes an increasingly difficult and important problem to solve. Our team helps modelers, traders, and engineers across the organization to efficiently communicate and to share and find reliable information and resources. We are responsible for the infrastructure that underlies that - our wiki, forums, chat system, file sharing service, etc. We are seeking an engineer to help maintain and build out this product suite.
Additionally, as our tools and become more complex and evolve to cover more use-cases, it's become challenging to ensure that our users are getting the most out of them. Are people able to find information that they search for effectively, and how can we make it better? To what extent is out-of-date information polluting the wiki, and what can we do about it? Is documentation being duplicated across different systems, and how can we tell which answer is authoritative? We would ideally like an engineer capable of taking a data-driven approach to answering questions like these across our suite of products, and turning those answers into actionable recommendations for improvement.
You will be expected to:
- Build out portions of our collaboration infrastructure, particularly in regards to our search product.
- Maintain portions of our collaboration infrastructure to enable high availability and scaling to handle growing usage.
- Query, visualize and explore data sets to enable product and program insights and decisions.
- An ideal candidate will be able to apply statistical analysis and exploratory techniques to various data sets to enable a deeper understanding of our products' usage patterns.
- An ideal candidate will be able to establish a data science platform with best practices for our team.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related, quantitative field.
- 3+ years of experience in a systems and/or operational development role.
- Strong coding skills in a backend development language such as java.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as you will be in frequent contact with end-users.
- Experience with data science is preferred, but is not required.
- Prior experience with collaboration technology such as Atlassian and Coveo products is a bonus, but is not required.
- Prior experience in finance is not required.