Systems Support Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
We are seeking a systems support engineer (SSE) who will serve as the primary provider of IT support to users throughout our global enterprise. In this dynamic position, you will be exposed to multiple IT disciplines including Windows Workstation, Windows Server, MS Exchange, Linux, switches, and telecommunications. The successful candidate will have a strong interest and background in PC Hardware, desktop operating systems, and network functionality. The SSE is the principal owner of service requests as well as the customer’s overall satisfaction, resolving issues independently, or following appropriate escalation processes when necessary. Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Acting as a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance for systems in a Windows and Linux environment;
- Effectively using your knowledge base and other tools to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, network and account-related issues;
- Deploying, installing, and maintaining PCs and software, including tending to all adds, moves, and changes;
- Appropriately documenting all required information in call tracking system;
- Diligently creating and maintaining knowledgebase as appropriate;
- Exercising appropriate workflow and time management;
- Carrying out additional duties, which may vary based on your skillset and your specialization.
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Familiarity with common IP networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and client-facing skills.
- Demonstrated responsiveness, resourcefulness, and follow through.
Additional Preferred Qualifications Include:
- One to two years of experience in an IT-related field.
- Experience in administering accounts and policies in an Active Directory environment.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving problems pertaining to workstation connectivity, MS Office, and malware.
- Ability to debug and improve infrastructure installation and configuration scripts written in Powershell and BASH
- Experience with Linux repository management, system patching, and CLI administration.
- MCSE or Industry-level certification such as LPI or similar.