TSIQ Operations Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified is an insurance technology business utilizing technology, data science, intelligent automation and cloud-based computing to foster innovation, better understand risk and strengthen business and product offerings for the insurance industry. Two Sigma IQ is aligned with Two Sigma's vision of finding value in the world's data.
We are seeking a hardworking individual to assist in the ongoing development of the operational capabilities of a growing and dynamic startup. The Operations Analyst will be a member of the TSIQ Operations team and will execute projects for existing and new organizational initiatives within TSIQ, primarily with respect to human resources, legal and financial-related operational items. They will be responsible for building relationships across functions in both TSIQ and Two Sigma to accelerate execution and build the infrastructure needed for operational efficiency.
Ability to think strategically, frame new and creative approaches and develop detailed processes that consider automation and incorporate accountability is essential to success in this role. We are looking for someone to think big, embrace innovation, be resilient and comfortable with wearing many operational hats as well as believe in the power of collaboration!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate on developing future state infrastructure across Finance/HR/Legal, as our company grows and evolves
- Provide analytical support and creative solutioning to our HR/Finance/Legal teams
- Create, document and drive efforts to improve operational processes to accelerate effectiveness, efficiency and productivity; think big and innovate; build tools, frameworks and templates to succeed
- Evolve our reporting capabilities to drive insights for enhanced, real-time decision making; assist in budgeting, planning and forecasting efforts, as required
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects in the development and implementation of initiatives
- Develop presentations and other communications documenting scope, objectives, strategy and results; effectively communicate project status to multiple partners
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years demonstrated ability in operational roles; experience in HR/Financial operations or a technology start up would be a bonus
- Strong analytical, modeling, financial reporting and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills - experience driving change and managing projects; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, develop frameworks for decision-making, understand business objectives, escalate when appropriate and align stakeholders to drive results
- Ability to integrate business needs with technological solutions that are creative and flexible
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to roll-up sleeves; demonstrate ownership and responsibility for completion of key processes
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty and working with diverse functions and lines of businesses
- Strong in Google Apps, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and experience with JIRA, an HRIS, compensation software, equity management software, Salesforce and/or Confluence a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.