TSIQ Strategic Initiatives - Partnership/Corporate Development
New York, New York, United States
TSIQ Strategic Initiatives – Partnership / Corporate Development Role
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (TSIQ) seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making in insurance. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma. For more information, please visit www.twosigmaiq.com.
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages over $46 billion in assets, employs more than 1,100 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston and London. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com.
We are seeking to add a business professional to the TSIQ Strategic Initiatives team that would focus primarily on Partnership/Corporate Development. Given a relatively small team and the start-up nature of TSIQ, this position will be a multifaceted role and will focus on the following:
- Leading research initiatives, aligned with overall group strategy, vision and strengths, to help define potential business strategy and opportunities.
- Working closely with TSIQ Business Development Lead and other TSIQ senior professionals to help shape and execute on ultimate strategy.
- Sourcing and evaluating new client, partnership and strategic investment opportunities.
- Working closely with TSIQ data science and engineering professionals for opportunity evaluation, as needed.
- Assisting TSIQ Business Development Lead on transaction execution, as needed.
- Actively participating in industry conferences and reporting on key market developments.
- Building and maintaining a network of key in-market participants.
- Building and maintaining meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Two Sigma and externally with existing and future partners.
- 5+ years experience in corporate development, strategy or other relevant experience at an insurance carrier, broker, MGA or other market participant AND/OR investment banking, private equity or strategy consulting (insurance and/or fintech expertise a plus).
- Interest in and insight into technology, data science and insurtech.
- Strong insurance, fintech, start-up relationships across companies and investors is a plus.
- Ability to work with multiple internal & external stakeholders and strong project management, organization and reporting skills.
- Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong Excel modeling ability and PowerPoint skills is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and quick-study mentality; ability to work independently yet also lead and inspire large cross-functional teams.