New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Private Investments (“TSPI”) Legal & Regulatory team provides legal and regulatory support to three distinct private investment businesses – Sightway Capital, Two Sigma Ventures, and Two Sigma Impact.
- Sightway Capital focuses on private equity investments employing a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building successful business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners.
- Two Sigma Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm investing across verticals in companies using data science and advanced engineering to transform their industry.
- Two Sigma Impact is a private equity investment business that combines active, principled ownership with data science to seek superior returns and positive social outcomes.
TSPI is looking to add an experienced paralegal to work across the existing businesses and new private investment strategies. This position is ideal for a hardworking and motivated individual who has extensive experience as a corporate paralegal and excels in a collaborative environment. Candidates should be proven collaborators who are excited to be part of a client-centric team. Broad and deep experience with books & records and governance of different types of entities (e.g., LLCs, limited partnership and corporations) is a must, while experience working at an investment firm is just a plus. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team and you are looking to challenge yourself with an opportunity to apply traditional skills and expand your work to encompass the design and implementation of legal operations and processes, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Managing and maintaining complete legal Books and Records, including by collecting, organizing and tracking legal documentation, investor details and other institutional information and drafting minutes of board and committee meetings.
- Developing, refining, maintaining, memorializing and implementing processes, procedures, guidelines and best-practices for legal operations and administration.
- Coordinating formation, qualification and dissolution of legal entities.
- Preparing organizational and governance documents from precedents, including operating agreements, resolutions, consents, incumbency certificates, transfer agreements, etc.
- Assisting with closings of transactions and funds, including by preparing resolutions and ancillary documentation from precedents, completing subscription agreements, maintaining closing checklists, coordinating execution of documents and preparing closing sets.
- Overseeing legal entity maintenance, including relationships with registered agents across multiple jurisdictions, and managing legal entity jurisdictional filings and licenses.
- Collaborating with outside counsel and Accounts Payable team and interacting with payment software to ensure the timely tracking, processing and payment of legal invoices.
- Assisting in-house attorneys with developing, refining and implementing compliance program.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations and time in a fast-paced environment with shifting demands.
- Proactive and motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and raising issues when and if necessary.
- Self-motivated with positive work ethic and desire to “own” projects from inception to conclusion.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, both formal and informal.
- Computer savvy, especially with Microsoft Office; experience with NetDocuments, iManage or similar document management software a plus.
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal, legal secretary or administrative assistant in a law firm or corporate setting with a focus on transactional/corporate law. Previous experience working at an investment advisor is a plus.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.