TSS Network Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, a member of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high-performance, proprietary platform, we facilitate the execution of more than 400 million shares per day.
We are seeking a Network Engineer that will join the team to contribute to the full gamut of network technologies, but with a focus on our high performance, electronic trading environment, in support of the Two Sigma Securities (TSS) business unit. This environment is distributed across numerous colocation facilities globally, and encompasses a variety of focused networking technologies including low latency switching, multicast, DWDM, microwave, packet brokers, etc.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to Networking partnership with TSS to design, implement and support the components that comprise our high performance trading system.
- Monitor performance and proactively avoid bottlenecks by upgrading or optimizing relevant designs/components.
- Contribute to design and implementation of Two Sigma’s data centers, DMZs, campuses, and remote office networks.
- Grow your skillset to build expertise in the various technologies under the remit of the Network Engineering team, including firewalls, load balancers, DWDM, wireless, etc…
- Participate in in-call rotation for 24/7 support of Two Sigma’s network environment.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of multicast design and troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience with market data delivery.
- Understanding and experience with timing synchronization and timestamping technologies.
- Extensive experience with proximity hosting colocation design and exchange connectivity.
- Understanding and experience with layer 1 switching for low latency applications and layer 3 routing protocols.
- Extensive experience with data center designs and implementation.
- Experience with perimeter security designs and implementation and firewall implementations and rule administration.
- Understanding and experience with end-user access networking and NAC.
- Understanding of load balancing implementation.
- Understanding of DNS and DHCP operation and administration.
- Understanding of WiFi concepts and technologies.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.