TSV Investment Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Ventures
Two Sigma Ventures, a division of Two Sigma Investments, seeks to invest in companies that push the boundaries of an industry and bring real progress to the world, by harnessing the power of data science, machine learning, distributed computing, artificial intelligence, advanced hardware, and related fields. Our Ventures team focuses on delivering the value of the Two Sigma Investments expertise and network to our companies. We focus our efforts on several areas including technology & data mentorship & advisory services, strategic third party relationships, recruiting, events and real estate.
Two Sigma Ventures Associate Position
Two Sigma Ventures (TSV) is the venture capital arm of Two Sigma Investments, a technology-driven asset management company that employs nearly 800 people, including over 130 PhDs, who believe in the power of math, science, data and technology to produce innovative solutions to the world’s challenges. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers.
TSV is an evergreen-type venture capital fund that harnesses Two Sigma’s expertise to invest in early-stage technology companies employing competencies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, data science, predictive analytics, natural language processing, etc. to solve problems in a wide variety of industry sectors. We are one of the few venture capital groups that can tap into such a strong and deep group of technical experts to aid in company evaluation and mentorship, and our long-term capital orientation enables us to focus on companies pursuing big, world-changing ideas. TSV has invested in approximately 45 companies in the last 3 years, many of which can be seen on its website and Crunchbase.
TSV is seeking an Investment Associate to be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of our investment process. The role will provide opportunities including, but not limited to:
- Joining a small team and receiving significant responsibility and experience early in a career, as a great entry point into the venture capital business;
- Working with the TSV team, and many other groups within Two Sigma, in all parts of the investment process, including sourcing, deal evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and ongoing portfolio management;
- Exposure to a broad set of companies in multiple industries, from a highly active and outward-facing role in the exciting NYC venture community.
- Track record of academic success including a bachelor’s degree from a top university.
- Passion for technology and science as evidenced by professional or academic accomplishments in computer science, engineering, math, design or another technical discipline.
- At least 4 years of experience evaluating market structure, competitive dynamics, and company financial performance at a leading management consulting firm, investment bank, or venture capital fund; OR at least 2 years of experience in a product management or engineering role at a technology company.
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- A desire to work in a creative, imaginative, future-focused setting around great people.