Business Manager - Techniques
New York, New York, United States
One of the industry’s top systematic hedge fund businesses seeks a business manager to help lead our efforts to drive our strategy to ever-higher levels of performance. You’ll coordinate our relationship with the firm’s other research teams and help us determine what we need from engineering partners and make sure their roadmaps work for us. We’ll also ask you to own an ever-changing array of special projects and situations, from adapting our system to trade correctly and profitably under a new regulatory pilot to setting up a research collaboration with an academic, starting with the initial phases and continuing to making sure all the post-release items are properly handled. This role involves exposure to all phases of the investment process and to leaders in both modeling and engineering throughout the company.
A candidate should possess:
• Strong project management and organizational skills with demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships.
• Extensive experience shipping complex and timely initiatives.
• Proven technical experience recognizing patterns of inefficiency and opportunity, and implementing durable programmatic solutions.
• Pragmatic, process and results orientation
• 7+ years of experience in software, consulting, or financial services organization contributing to the development of complex software or financial products.
• Proficiency with UNIX environments and scripting or programming
• Familiarity with equity markets and quantitative finance is a plus