Technical Lead: Cloud Data Platform (Foundational Data Engineering)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Data Engineering is responsible for data ingestion and delivery, data discovery, data governance, and canonical feature creation for all research and foundational data for Two Sigma. Expanding the research horizon and market participation of Two Sigma by incorporating new novel datasets and accurately modeling the world’s financial markets are critical aspects of growing Two Sigma's business. The data engineering team is the primary driver for this growth.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Architect, develop, and implement enterprise-wide cloud data platforms that enable teams to manage data in the public cloud to support Two Sigma trading initiatives
- Own and contribute to the development of engineering best practices, guidelines, and processes, as well as reusable and scalable frameworks
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders, research and advise on public cloud platforms, cloud data storage and pipeline products and solutions for various business needs and use cases
- Collaborate with the Cloud Engineering team to identify opportunities and eliminate roadblocks
- Provide technical guidance to the team, coaching and mentoring junior engineers
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 6 years of full-time work experience - with at least 2 years of technical leadership experience
- 2 years of cloud experience (AWS or Google)
- Understanding of computer science concepts (i.e. data structures and algorithms)
- Experience with Java (or other JVM languages) or Python
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.