Technical Project Manager, Modeling Engineering
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.Two Sigma’s Modeling Engineering team is looking to add an experienced Technical Project Manager to the team. The person in this role project manages key initiatives that advance the capabilities our leading Data Science Platform and owns critical business operations metrics, dashboards, and reports.
- Determine the scope of projects including development of milestones and adherence to the full project life cycle.
- Build and manage project backlogs.
- Drive planning, implementation and execution in an agile fashion including running Agile Scrums.
- Contribute to and advocate adherence to project management best practices.
- Own the generation, review and delivery of key business reports and dashboards.
- A Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of professional project management experience in a highly technical environment.
- Demonstrated history of leadership and success in managing cross-organizational technology releases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to adjust communications across multiple audiences.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of initiatives and be accountable for success.
- Highly proficient in productivity tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs), collaboration tools (Confluence, Wiki, Jira, etc.), and data analysis tools (Excel, SQL, etc.).