Technical Project Manager, Security
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a career destination for the intellectually curious who want to learn, invent, and create. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers. We apply technology and scientific rigor to financial innovation.We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for the Security Team at Two Sigma. The Security team is responsible for the design and implementation of security software and services that include, but are not limited to, Authentication and Authorization, Auditing, and Password Vaulting.
The software produced by this team enables engineers across the company to produce secure solutions with minimal effort. We have an Internet-scale infrastructure built on the latest open source technologies that span public and private cloud environments. Software products include Kerberos/Heimdal, the Two Sigma Entitlement management system, Public Cloud Deployment Automation, Public Cloud Automated Audits, and the Two Sigma password vault database.
This dedicated position is new to Security and will help accelerate the development of new security capabilities and services to support the business of Two Sigma. The Product Manager will drive the development cadence and prioritization, setting and managing expectations of the broader engineering community.
This Technical Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the project life cycle with the range of responsibilities including:
- Work closely with product and program management in the development of roadmaps for products in the Security area to the rest of the company.
- Determine the scope of projects including development of milestones and adherence to the full project life cycle.
- Building and managing project backlogs.
- Driving planning, implementation and execution in an agile fashion including running Agile Scrums.
- Contribute to and advocate adherence to project management best practices.
- A Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering or Computer Science
- Professional work experience as a project manager, preferably on large technical projects.
- Strong communication, organization, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of initiatives and be accountable for success.
- Collaborative, no-ego approach.
- Initiative taker, organizer.