Technical Project Manager, Strategic & Technical Projects
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a talented technical project manager to join our growing Strategic & Technical Projects (STP) group. In this role, you will work within a dynamic cross-functional team, consulting with researchers and engineers across the firm to drive a variety of business-critical projects. Examples of past initiatives include managing a cross-group initiative to migrate firm’s primary portfolio to a new low-latency trading platform, onboarding a new fund administrator for daily performance reporting and books/records, managing the development and adoption of a high-speed simulation platform for the researchers, evaluating various vendor products in HR, CRM and security domains, selecting the most appropriate solutions for the firm and then managing their implementation, enabling the firm to diversify into new business areas such as insurance, etc.
The STP Technical Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing full project life cycles including:
- Shaping the scope of initiatives;
- Developing the business case;
- Designing and architecting solutions;
- Driving the design and architecture of solutions and tool selection through implementation and rollout in an agile fashion.
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in computer science from a top university.
- Experience in one of the mainstream programming languages, including Java, Groovy, C or C++.
- Prior experience as a full-time project manager is not required, but the candidate should have interest in project management.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders from engineering, research, and corporate groups in a flat, collaborative organizational environment.
- Adaptability to work with limited information and work through ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of initiatives and be accountable for success.