Technical Project Manager, Two Sigma Insurance Quantified
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (TSIQ) seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $45 billion in assets, employs more than 1,000 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston and London.
TSIQ is looking to add an experienced Technical Project Manager to our growing organization. The person in this role will help to project manage the product management process for a large complex enterprise platform offering. Additionally, they will be expected to project manage cross-organizational plans for execution against client deliverables, and work closely with the project manager in engineering who focuses on the components of the engineering project plan.
- Demonstrated history of leadership and success in managing cross-organizational technology releases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to adjust communications across multiple audiences.
- Ability to work with clients/3rd parties to scope projects, define requirements, measures of success, key dependencies, and align prioritization with strategic goals and objectives
- Understand how to clearly and concisely identify and frame problems, separate issues, and expose the underlying difficulties; additionally, the project manager should be able to refocus the team on implementing the solution
- Strong judgement and decision making skills; ability to re-prioritize, adjust and course correct as necessary
- Participate in, and contribute to, company-wide project management efforts.
- Cross team collaboration and relationship building, including: creating consensus and buy-in, negotiating and resolving conflicts when necessary with minimal escalation.
- Utilize data to gain insights, identify opportunities and build consensus
- Ability to practice risk management, engage key risk stakeholders, and effectively escalate issues that create business, technical, operational, and project risk.
- Identify and resolve gaps for ensuring successful and on-time releases
- Ability to strategically plan for long-term milestones, including translating requirements to strategically organize delivery across long-term period of multiple milestones/releases
- Degree: BA/BS
- 5+ years of project management experience in an infrastructure/software development environment
- Highly Proficient in productivity and collaboration tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Strong technical, product, and business communication skills
- Experience managing agile projects
- Strong understanding of ITIL concepts, standards, best practices.