Sr. Program Manager: Insurance
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (TSIQ) seeks to partner with leaders in the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. TSIQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, TSIQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $55 billion in assets, employs more than 1,000 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston and London.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager to oversee the execution of large, complex programs across multiple teams, functions and departments. This highly-visible role will use their experience in project management methodologies to drive the planning and execution of work across our Product and Technology teams, while connecting and providing transparency to our business partners across the organization.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Coordinate and track individual projects and programs that support company strategic plans and product/services to drive business results. Foster an environment of collaboration, partnership, customer focus, quality, excellence, urgency, accountability, continuous improvement and innovation. Define expectations and metrics and monitor performance.
- Ability to quickly assess what technology systems will be impacted by requirements and requests to determine level of effort and assist in prioritization.
- Oversee planning of projects and programs ensuring consistency and compliance to company processes and policies. Contribute to, and assist facilitation of Agile development practices.
- Drive execution and accountability to deliver on time, on budget, to scope and with quality.
- Ensure people, processes, and technologies are aligned to deliver business value.
- Partner with executive leadership and business stakeholders in an organized governance model to maintain prioritization of projects and programs, and ensure appropriate alignment of resources. Build a reputation as a trusted partner who understands the business and collaborates to deliver on commitments and drive business results.
- Support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Maintain effective communication with senior management to keep them aware of critical issues and develop action plans for addressing those issues.
- Prepare and present regular status updates including project timelines and resource allocation.
- Assist with the process transformation across multiple departments of a large scale technology organization to become a collaborative, people-focused and agile organization.
- Work cross-departmentally with our partners across multiple departments in the organization, aligning on roadmap dependencies in the end-to-end execution of our joint programs.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Program Manager within a technology organization.
- Solid understanding of data modeling and experience working with systems and decision engineering a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge to quickly earn the respect of our engineering team, and bonus points if you come from an engineering background.
- Understanding of different software development lifecycle models and expert knowledge in agile and traditional principles, with the ability to blend processes to find the right fit for technology and our business.
- Experienced using JIRA for project tracking and transparency.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, with some public speaking expertise presenting at meetups and conferences a plus.
We love that you are...
- Enthusiastic: You’ll need an optimistic, charismatic and outgoing personality in order to lead by influencing others and you’ll be a key part of making our workplace fun and energetic.
- Motivational: You’ll need the ability to motivate others by demonstrating a clear purpose for the team and how their work fits into the company’s strategy, while facilitating a sense of autonomy and creating an environment where people can continue to master their craft through professional development. You must be willing to hold teams accountable to our vision and values.
- Adaptable: You’ll have the ability to dynamically adapt to shifts in priorities and projects, resolving contention and solving problems across technology and our business partners.
- Transparent: Your management style must be honest, transparent and authentic and you need the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- A critical thinker: You must be able to ensure that the programs we release will positively impact our business and not be afraid to be a voice of reason and authority when a product is not ready in the face of external pressure to hit a specific timeframe.