New York, New York, United States
We are looking for a developer-focused technical writer to curate and enhance the documentation set for our tools and frameworks. The initial focus will be on our internal, Git-based versioning system; over time, the work may expand to encompass containerized deployment (Kubernetes), microservice architectures, proprietary storage solutions, and more.
This is a contrat opportunity with a preliminary term of 3 months and the option to renew.
- · Review support channels and work with Platform Engineering developers and Two Sigma’s Engineering Education group to identify documentation needs
- · Develop and implement an organizational structure for internally-facing Git/SDLC process documentation
- · Review and revise existing documentation; create new documents using Markdown and Atlassian Confluence
- · Edit developer-authored pages for accuracy and completeness
- · As appropriate, develop tutorials, examples and other learning materials
- · Passion for explaining technical topics to a varied audience of software engineers
- · Ability to analyze and bring order to large repositories of technical documentation
- · Experience authoring documentation using Markdown and Atlassian Confluence
- · Preference is for a writer who has hands-on experience working with Git, ideally in an enterprise setting. Knowledge of other development and runtime tools (e.g., Bazel, Kubernetes) is an additional plus