New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a bright and motivated junior attorney to join Two Sigma’s legal team. In this role, you will advise the company on technology, data, privacy, licensing, intellectual property and similar legal and regulatory issues implicated when providing investment advisory and other financial services to clients throughout the world.
- Supporting financial technology business lines, including financial services available as SaaS, through the internet or by licensing or other arrangements
- Identifying issues and tracking compliance with technology, data, privacy, licensing, intellectual property and similar legal and regulatory issues on a global scale
- Working with internal groups and external counsel to scope, build and support existing and new platforms and solutions for clients
- Negotiate data, technology, confidentiality and other vendor and counterparty contracts
- Advise on company-level technology and related matters, such as intellectual property or cybersecurity, as well as intracompany arrangements with affiliates
- Managing internal business relationships
- 3-5 years of experience as an associate in a technology-related group of a major U.S. law firm or in the legal department of a technology-based financial services company
- Experience with technology, data, privacy, licensing, intellectual property and/or similar legal and regulatory issues
- Strong interest in learning about multiple different areas of law. Experience in FinTech or investment management is a plus but not required.
- Desire to grow and develop with the company
- Exceptional communication skills and an aptitude for building strong business relationships
- Self-motivated, team player with an ability to work in a dynamic environment