Technology Procurement Manager
New York, New York, United States
Systems Engineering at Two Sigma
The Systems Engineering group at Two Sigma designs and builds the complex and compelling infrastructure that makes what we do possible.
Our engineers are collaborators in designing end-to-end solutions. They are actively involved in bringing our ideas to life. They collaborate across departments to engineer systems that address the richness of the problems we solve, as well as the diversity of challenges.
We keep the organization at the forefront of cutting-edge hardware. We design our networks to scale massively, so our formidable computing power can be brought to bear as we tackle the next generation of data analysis. We are not afraid to invest in deep infrastructure – thousands of computers communicating across lightning-fast networks actively engaged in discovery and analysis, driving the industry forward. We have talented, passionate individuals who build and maintain what exists today, and invent tomorrow.
Technology Procurement Manager
Technology Procurement team is responsible for the acquisition of hardware, software, and technology services. The team manages all aspects of technology procurement lifecycle including vendor relationship management and onboarding, business and legal T&C negotiations, purchasing, financing, and contract management.
Technology Procurement Manager at Two Sigma ensures technology products and services are purchased efficiently and cost-effectively. Works with Engineering organization to determine what products should be purchased and has the final say on how those products are sourced. Negotiates the terms and conditions of all deals, establishes SLA’s on delivery, and scores the team’s performance using metrics. . In addition to expertise in all aspects of procurement, vendor management, and contract management, knowledge of IT hardware, software, and telecommunications are a must as well as familiarity with accounts payable, financing, sourcing, financial planning and analysis, tax, and legal.
The technology Procurement Manager’s success will be defined in part by:
- Efficiency and transparency of the procurement process
- Unbiased and transparent management of vendors including vendor scores
- Driving negotiations to achieve best prices
- Successful partnerships with the Engineering organization as well as other internal teams such as Accounting, Treasury, Financial Planning and Analytics, and Legal.
- Establishment of the right balance between tight controls around the end-to-end procurement process and time and resource efficiency and speed
- Establishment of success factors for the team and for the individual members within the team
- Establishment, communication, and reporting on the value the team adds – beyond just processing purchases
Requirements also include:
- BA or BS Business or Accounting
- 7+ years of experience in technology procurement in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- 3+ years of management or leadership experience
- Competent decision-making skills and excellent analytics abilities to show the basis for the decisions
- Excellent Excel and Math skills in order to score deals and create apples to apples comparisons
- Impeccable vendor management and negotiation skills