Thought Leadership Writer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Two Sigma seeks an experienced writer to support the firm’s thought leadership efforts, with a particular focus on topics in data science and engineering. Sitting within the Marketing & Communications team, this individual will help drive the evolution of Two Sigma’s thought leadership platform through content creation, distribution, and measurement, as well as by contributing to strategy development.
The candidate must demonstrate exceptional writing and editing abilities, a broad understanding of brand and digital marketing, prior work experience in scientific fields, technology, and/or financial services, and insatiable intellectual curiosity. Finally, this candidate must be able to absorb new concepts quickly, possess strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, and be an organized, creative self-starter.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Help drive growth and development of Two Sigma’s thought leadership platform
- Source content by liaising with internal contributors
- Write and edit content in collaboration with internal partners
- Assist with content distribution on Two Sigma’s website, social channels, and other venues
- Assist with measurement of content performance and impact
- Help research and create other content, as needed
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5-8 years’ experience in producing high-quality, authentic, and differentiated thought leadership for premium financial and/or technology brands, although we would also consider other relevant backgrounds, such as journalism or science communications.
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships, work cross-functionally, juggle projects and partners, and earn trust from senior stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree is required
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.