New York, New York, United States
Sightway Capital is a Two Sigma company focused on middle market growth equity investing in financial services and real assets. The company employs a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners. The team at Sightway Capital thinks long-term, targeting business opportunities that we believe afford both asymmetric risk rewards and enterprise value creation over time. They look for opportunities in and around several asset-intensive industries where our team has significant experience and a network of long-standing relationships. For more information, please visit sightwaycapital.com.
We are looking to add a Transactional Counsel to our Sightway legal team. In this role, you will work closely with the Sightway investment team and external advisers in all aspects of the investment process (including deal sourcing, evaluation, structuring, negotiation and financing) and throughout the lifecycle of new and existing portfolio investments. In addition to investment-related responsibilities, the Transactional Counsel will manage and support a variety of strategic transactions and corporate initiatives for Sightway.
Given our relatively small team of investment professionals and legal counsel and our emphasis on building business platforms jointly with management or strategic partners, the Transactional Counsel should expect to provide meaningful support to senior professionals internally within Sightway and Two Sigma, and externally with management teams. This position is ideal for a talented transactional attorney who excels in managing, negotiating and executing complex investments and wants to work on a wide spectrum of investment and transaction types and structures in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Structuring, negotiating and executing complex investments involving both corporate and pass-through structures (e.g., C corp., LLC, LP, etc.).
- Reviewing, analyzing and drafting a wide range of transaction agreements (including operating agreements, joint venture arrangements, strategic alliance agreements, revenue share agreements, purchase and sale contracts and debt facilities).
- Supervising and managing outside counsel and other external advisers from evaluation through consummation of transactions.
- Defining, developing and refining best-practices, negotiation guidelines and other documents, materials and tools to support the investment team.
- Identifying, designing and implementing plans to fulfill evolving legal support requirements for investment counterparts.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 4 years as a corporate transactional associate at a reputable US law firm (a specialty in M&A, special situations and/or private equity transactions (including joint ventures) and experience with private equity firms and private equity strategies is a plus), and any significant in-house transactional experience is a plus.
- Presence and self-confidence (i) to interface with the internal and external constituents, (ii) to lead investment professionals and management teams in and through a transaction or initiative and (iii) to effectively manage external counsel and advisers.
- Extraordinarily strong analytical and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility, with drive to cover areas of responsibility deeply and broadly.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Personality, mindset, and approach suitable for an entrepreneurial, growing firm with a collaborative, team dynamic that executes cutting-edge negotiated transactions and investment structures.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.