New York, New York, United States
The Treasury team manages firm and fund capital safety and liquidity through the monitoring, movement, margining, borrowing, investing and reporting of capital, cash and margin at almost twenty banks, prime brokers and trading counterparties. Treasury also plays a key risk management role with responsibility for counterparty credit, FX risk and insurance programs.
Two Sigma seeks a talented Treasury Analyst to join Two Sigma’s growing Treasury team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the managing Two Sigma’s wire operation and margin funding process ensuring both the company and our fund capital is always secure and available in the right place, when needed.
They will have additional responsibility to drive projects enabling Two Sigma to thrive in the new banking environment, in support of new fund launches, implementation of new technology and processes.
- Oversee cash management for hundreds of company accounts and multiple fund families, including the calculation of USD and non-USD cash balances and projections
- Manage FX currency settlements, transactions and valuations.
- Work with the treasury team to manage overall strategy of the Funds’ daily margin and margin excess cash positions to reduce counterparty exposure across prime brokers and custodians.
- Issue and review OTC derivative and Repo margin calls on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Accounting and Financial Planning teams to prepare for upcoming subscriptions, redemptions and month end capital activities.
- Open and test new accounts.
- Partner with the treasury team to ensure the prompt settlement and reconciliation of over 100 wire payments on a daily basis.
- Lead ad-hoc projects by collaborating with Engineering teams on both system updates and process improvements initiatives.
- Manage internal and external customer requests and inquiries.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or a similar field with a strong academic track record is required - minimum combined GPA 3.5.
· At least 3-5 years treasury or collateral management related experience from an asset manager, fund administrator or bank is a prerequisite. Experience with FX and Fixed Income derivatives highly preferred.
· Attention to detail, a solid quantitative aptitude, intellectual curiosity, and strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Strong MS Excel skills and familiarity with basic accounting concepts are preferred.
· Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is required.
· Experience leading and improving upon processes and proven ability to multitask in a busy deadline-oriented environment are required.
· Experience with SWIFT messaging is preferred.
· Demonstrated understanding of global cash investment products, strategies and investment markets.