Two Sigma, Corporate HR Business Partner
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Are you a sharp, strategic and proactive HR professional passionate about driving impact in a fast-moving, high-growth organization? If so, we’re looking for folks like you to join our team as HR business partners.
As an HRBP at Two Sigma one of your primary responsibilities is to partner with our leaders to understand their business objectives then to develop and execute practical people strategies to help achieve them. But that’s not all! You also work closely with managers and employees throughout your dedicated business area to ensure they have the right skills, are passionate about their work, and are inspired to succeed. Day-to-day this means coaching and guiding managers and individual contributors on efforts like career development, performance management, talent acquisition and retention, employee engagement and effective organizational design. So while we definitely look for people who can be "trusted advisors" to our leaders, we also look for people who are capable of developing relationships throughout the organization and who can roll up their sleeves and get things done.
You don’t do it alone though. As an HRBP you’re an orchestrator - partnering closely with your HR colleagues and others from across the business to bring the right resources and expertise to bear. We’re a team, and together we achieve more.
Finally, we’re known as "nice geeks," which we take as a compliment. That means we look for people who operate in an honest, respectful and collaborative way. As well, we want team members to be intellectually curious and comfortable analyzing and using data to support and convey their perspectives and influence decision making. After all, we’re a company that’s all about data.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, we’d love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Partnering with senior leaders to translate business objectives into what is required from a people perspective to help achieve them
- Working with HR partners to execute people initiatives; monitoring and measuring progress to ensure the desired results are achieved
- Analyzing and reporting HR data to proactively identify and address trends and issues
- Managing HR programs and processes (comp, performance management, talent reviews, etc.) to ensure the desired objectives and outcomes are attained
- Coaching and advising leaders on key people matters including team and individual development, organizational design, etc.
- Working with managers and individual contributors to help ensure their performing at their fullest potential
- Leveraging the expertise from the HR centers of excellence - Recruiting, Learning & Development, Rewards & Analytics and Employee Relations - and providing input on continued process improvement
- Stewarding the Two Sigma’s culture and helping the company engage and retain our talent
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a strong academic record; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of professional work experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience as an HRBP or in a generalist role with employee-facing responsibilities
- Previous people management experience
- Previous experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth organization
- Build and maintain relationships with senior executives
- Influence across multiple organizational layers
- Solve problems creatively with a proficiency in data analytics
- Pivot between strategy and tactical execution and comfortably navigate ambiguous or "gray" areas
- Collaborate effectively across the team
- Drive results using a proactive, solutions-oriented approach
- Demonstrate judgment and integrity in sensitive situations
- Communicate clearly and concisely - both orally and in writing
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.