Two Sigma Insurance Quantified Finance Associate
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a talented professional to assist in the development of the financial planning and business unit reporting capabilities for an exciting new technology business called Two Sigma Insurance Quantified (Two Sigma IQ). Two Sigma IQ (http://www.twosigmaiq.com/) seeks to provide solutions to the insurance industry by applying Two Sigma's core engineering, modeling and analytics capabilities. Two Sigma IQ works closely with its industry partners to deliver products and solutions, which lead to enhanced automation and data-driven decision making. Comprised of a diversified and growing team of highly skilled data scientists, engineers, and business professionals, Two Sigma IQ possesses the agility and innovation of a dynamic startup with the resources and long-term view of Two Sigma.
This role is critical to the growth of the platform and she/he will be responsible for supporting and enhancing a broad range of financial efforts, which include management reporting, financial planning and analysis, process oversight and overall financial reporting support. The individual is expected to work with Two Sigma IQ leadership, various Two Sigma teams, and service providers to solve challenges in implementing and improving the financial infrastructure and capabilities for this business.
This role will support various financial planning, reporting and operations functions for Two Sigma IQ including:
● Financial planning and budgeting for business unit reporting, which includes customized analysis to present segment profitability, performance metrics, and key partner relationships in conjunction with customer billing.
● Coordinate and review monthly financial results, while tracking relative to budget, and communicate results to senior management and Two Sigma corporate teams.
● Modeling new business relationships and strategic scenarios, and presenting the impact on the current and future business models.
● Identifying opportunities to enhance processes, infrastructure and capabilities of the business in order to scale appropriately, includingcollaborating closely with the Two Sigma IQ business team in developing internal management reporting dashboards and key business metrics.
Qualifications and Skills
● 5 to 8 years of finance / accounting experience working with financial technology and services companies
● Understanding of metrics / KPIs for technology companies
● Strong analytical, modeling and problem solving skills
● Strong ability translating business requirements into financial planning framework
● Excellent communication skills and a collaborative working style
● Strong in Microsoft Excel (including building and supporting financial models), PowerPoint and reporting tools (e.g., Domo)
● Ability to bring operational and reporting best practices to a growing organization
● Outstanding academic background
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $50 billion in assets, employs nearly 1,200 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston and London. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.