Two Sigma Private Investments Senior Associate
New York, New York, United States
Sightway Capital, LP, a Two Sigma company, focuses on developing private investments that have the potential to provide long-term sources of return for investors. Employing a principal mindset and flexible capital approach, Sightway Capital endeavors to build successful business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners in and around asset intensive businesses across a number of industries including financials, natural resources and transportation. We have a growing team of 35+ professionals with significant institutional private investment experience that have made investments totaling in excess of $1 billion.
We are seeking to add a Senior Associate/Vice President to our Private Investments team. In this role, you will work with the team in all aspects of the investment process, including deal sourcing, evaluation, structuring, negotiation and financing, as well as monitoring new and existing portfolio investments. Given a relatively small team of investment professionals, the Senior Associate/Vice President can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Two Sigma and externally with management teams.
- Trained at a high quality, control-oriented private equity firm
- 2 to 5 years of principal investing experience
- A demonstrable record of successfully underwriting and overseeing the execution of complex, structured investments
- A demonstrated track record of private equity investments in the Financial Services, Natural Resources and/or Real Assets sectors
- Personality, mindset, and investment approach that fits well with an entrepreneurial, growing firm
- Ability to deeply and thoroughly analyze and dissect a business; i.e. understanding the components and drivers of success beyond the financials
- Presence and self-confidence to interface with the key constituents of the firm including management teams of companies, deal sources, co-investors, and service providers among others
- A pattern of excellence, both personally and professionally, demonstrated by the individual’s education, career track record, intellect, and professional reputation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively with management teams
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and the potential to become a senior level investment team member
- Extraordinarily strong quantitative analytical skills
- Self-awareness, maturity, and irreproachable integrity
Education - An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree such as an MBA or a JD can be a plus.