Two Sigma Securities - Business Strategy and Development Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Securities (TSS) operates a major market making business trading listed derivatives, equities and ETFs. TSS is a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. equities, regularly trading over 650 million shares per day. We are also a specialist in 900 option contracts and facilitate the execution in all 4,000 option contracts. Engineering and modeling is at the heart of what we do and our high performance, proprietary platform facilitates the execution of a large part of the US Equities and Options volumes. We are the market-making affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP, one of the world’s leading investment managers, and a member of FINRA and SIPC as well as registered with the SEC.
We are seeking a Business Strategy and Development Associate to assist in business strategy and data analytics for TSS. In this role, you will make important contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be expected to develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, business development and operational excellence. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with the business leaders to build the strategy framework for their respective business areas
- Research potential new business opportunities across new asset classes and regions
- Help build data-driven business management function to monitor and review business performance and assist with strategic planning
- Partner with cross functional teams to assist in growing the business platform
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2 – 4 years of experience, ideally in: Top Tier Management Consulting with a focus on Financial Services/Trading Business Strategy (exchanges, broker dealers, equity trading firms, etc.)
- Rigorous analytical skills - including building financial models, performing competitive research and bench-marking, market segmentation and sizing
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles and effectively communicate through presentations for senior stakeholders
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- BA / BS degree – majors or minors in finance, engineering, computer science, data science, math or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.